Become A Patient
Receiving a cancer diagnosis is one of the most life-altering experiences you could ever have, but it does not need to be the most defining. It’s a natural part of the journey to feel the rush of negative emotions following the moment you learn about the diagnosis, but what you do after that moment is when your healing begins. Allow this moment to empower you. Try to view this moment as a pivotal point of your life, where you allow your strengths to come alive to face your fears. The sooner you realize that cancer is a word, and not a sentence, the sooner you can begin your healing journey.
Cancer Center for Healing is a patient-focused clinic created to empower and educate, while providing the most cutting-edge treatments and therapies available with the utmost optimal care for our patients. As the largest out-patient integrative cancer treatment clinic in North America, we consult and treat patients from all over the world with various types and stages of cancer.
Our educated and compassionate staff is led by our Medical Director, Dr. Leigh Erin Connealy , the author of The Cancer Revolution , and one of the leading pioneers in integrative health. Our compassionate and knowledgeable team is comprised of a wide range of healthcare professionals, from Medical Doctors to Energetic Practitioners, Registered Nurses to Health Coaches, Emotional and Spiritual Counselors to Patient Care Coordinators. Our team’s collective focus is to treat the Healing the Whole Personwhile addressing the underlying cause of distress and dis-ease within the body that has manifested into a cancer diagnosis. Click here for interviews with Dr. Connealy to learn more!
We understand how stressful life can get when a person has been diagnosed with cancer. At Cancer Center for Healing, we pledge to accompany you throughout your healing journey. We believe in the importance of establishing a support system consisting of the right team of health-practitioners and advocates, which help to educate you on all the treatment options, traditional and integrative, that are available to create a personalized treatment plan made specifically for each patient, to facilitate healing on a mind-body-spirit platform.
Starting your healing journey at our healing center can be accomplished in a few short steps!
A member of our Healing Care Team will contact you to set up a consultation appointment with one of our Integrative Physicians.
After you have been confirmed for your consultation you will receive an email from our Patient Portal with a temporary password; please access and check on the box for our Patient consents.
*NOTE: If you have any trouble accessing the patient portal or submitting the necessary signed consents, please contact our Healing Scheduling team for assistance, by calling (949) 305-9705
You will need to provide copies of your most recent (within the last 30-60 days) medical records which may consist of: any treatment notes from your current overseeing Health Provider, laboratory results (blood tests and/or biopsy reports), radiology reports (MRI/PET/CT scans, and/or ultrasounds), and any other health information that is pertinent to your cancer diagnosis and care. ALL pertinent medical records must be received 3 business days prior to your appointment date, to supply sufficient time for review by your Physician.
*NOTE: If you have any trouble uploading your medical records, please contact us for assistance at (949) 581-4673 If you need to submit your medical records by fax or mail, please send the fax to: (949) 606-8931 , ATTN: Cancer Center for Healing- New Patient Records. Please mail medical records to: ATTN: Cancer Center for Healing- New Patient Records, 6 Hughes Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618. Please be reminded that they must be received 3 business days prior to your appointment date.*
Cancer is not a “one size fits all” dis-ease. As such, your healing treatment plan will be determined by your overseeing Physician, who will tailor a protocol to suit your specified needs, contingent upon your type and stage of cancer diagnosis. Your personalized treatment plan will be set in different phases and will change throughout the course of your healing, as we use diagnostic tools to routinely monitor, assess and re-evaluate your treatment course.
Phone and Tele-Health Consultations
*Please Note: Cancer Center for Healing does require the patient to come to our facility within 45 days of their initial new patient phone or tele-health consultation to start their treatment protocol, unless the patient signs and submits Declination of Treatment Waiver, within 10 days of their initial phone or tele-health consultation.*
- During your consultation, your specific needs will be identified and you will be guided through all of the options, both conventional and alternative, that may be beneficial to your Healing.
- Your designated Healing Care Team will design a personalized treatment program based on your individual needs.
- Your consultation visit summary will be uploaded to your patient portal with accompanied informative resources for the treatment modalities that were suggested for your specified needs during your consultation, for your educational reference.
- A member of our Healing Care Team will contact you to review with you your insurance verification and coverage, financial assistance options, and a clear explanation of out-of-pocket costs that may occur during the first phase of your treatment.
- A member of our Healing Care Team will contact you within one-to-two business days following your initial consultation to answer any potential questions or concerns you may have regarding your treatment protocol.
All personalized treatment plans require patients to travel to the Cancer Center for Healing to receive parts of their treatment. The duration of stay varies from patient to patient, and is dependent upon the type, stage and aggressiveness of the type of cancer we are fighting. Typically, stage 1-2 patients, often anticipate receiving treatments at our clinic for a minimum of 2-4 weeks. For stages 3-4 patients, the average length of stay for each phase is usually a minimum of 4-8 weeks.
New Patient & First Time In-Person Patients
*Please Note: You should anticipate your first visit to our clinic to last 3-4 hours, to warrant a significant and informative in-person patient experience.*
- Upon arrival to the Cancer Center for Healing, you will check-in at the Front Desk, and will then be greeted by our Healing Concierge.
- The Healing Concierge will explain the schedule of the day ahead and will give insight on what to expect out of your visit.
- At your appointment time, your designated nurse will come to escort you back to the exam room, where your Physician will meet you to start your consultation which will include a comprehensive evaluation and review of your treatment program.
- At the end of your consultation with the Physician, a member of our Healing Care Team will take you on a tour of our clinic.
- Following the tour of the facility, a member of our Healing Care Team will review your visit summary with you and the treatment protocol your Physician has suggested for you, as well as any laboratory orders and suggested supplements or medications that is to be included in your treatment plan.
- After you meet with one of our Patient Care Coordinators, and dependent upon the scheduled time of your consultation, you may be able to start your Healing Journey the same day as your consultation. Although, we do advise that you allow yourself to absorb all the information that was presented to you, overnight, and begin treatments the following day.
Affirming the Ultimate Patient Experience
- The Cancer Center for Healing was created with the vision to empower and educate our patients, while providing the most cutting-edge treatments and therapies available with the utmost optimal care for our patients.
- The Cancer Center for Healing believes that successful Healthcare is based upon the foundation of concerted efforts of the various Healthcare professionals involved in your Healing journey. Effective and clear communication amongst patients, their families, their overseeing Physician and members of their designated supportive care team, mutual respect for personal and professional core values and beliefs, along with compassion and love are all vital components to optimal patient care and healing.
- The Cancer Center for Healing encourages our patients to be proactive with the treatment protocol that has been set by their Physician, and to express whatever concerns and/or suggestions they may have to our Patient Relations Manager , and/or Nursing Manager.
- The Cancer Center for Healing wants to emphasize the importance of understanding the Rights our patients have, and we pledge to protect those rights throughout your care and healing journey.
- The Cancer Center for Healing believes in creating a partnership with the patients and holds each patient to a level of accountability and compliance with their Healing Treatment Plan.
We will advise you on what things are potentially billable after your initial consultation.
Medical Care Financing & Fundraising
Covering the cost for medical bills can be a stressful process. Here at Cancer Center For Healing we are here to help make the financial portion of your medical care stress-free. Some of our patients have utilized financing and fundraising to assist with the cost of medical care. For more information, contact Dana Morgan at (949) 581-4673 or email email@example.com
List of fundraising and financing options:
- Caring Bridge
- Post Hope
- Life Credit Company : Use any type of life insurance policy to access funds today to pay for your medical treatment. For more information visit us at www.lifecredit.com or call (888) 274-1777
- Med Loan Financing: For more information, call (800) 555-8122
- Kickstarter : This website helps people who are starting up a business or an idea to raise money. Once business is running, profits could be utilized for cancer treatments. Donations usually need.
- Beckstrand Cancer Foundation: For local Southern Californians they offer financial assistance.
- Health Fairs: Solicit cooperation from local medical professionals to donate services, screenings, ask for donations, utilize raffles, or gift bags
- Haircuts: Ask local barbers and stylists to donate haircuts by pledging a certain donation amount per inch of hair cut.
- Bake sales
- Church Fundraisers
- Yard Sales
- Don’t Worry, Be Happy: Sell tee shirts to race participants. For more information call (949)715-6789
- American Cancer Society will donate miles, free flights, and follow up visits to patients undergoing cancer treatment. For more information, call (800)227-2345 or visit http://www.cancer.org/
- Health Insurance Opportunities: Medi-Share (866)606-7390, Christian HealthCare (800)772-5623, and Samaritan Ministries samaritanministries.org
- Non Reimbursed Medical is a tax write off % of income
- California has a Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment program which provides assistance to low-income women
- California has a Cancer Legal Resource Center that could offer assitance cancerlegalresourcecenter.org
- Every state has a Breast and Cervical Cancer early detection program for uninsured and low income patients. State specific info can be found at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention cdc.gov/cancer/index.htm
- California offers a Prostate Cancer treatment program that pays for care lasting up to a year. For more information, visit California Department of Health Care Services dhcs.ca.gov
- Many private organizations will pay for treatment, rent, etc. For example, cancersupportcommunitybenjamincenter.org
- Check for organizations that specialize in your cancer such as The Leukemia and Lymphoma Cancer Society lls.org
- Cancer financial Assistant Coalition cancerfac.org
- California and other states offer temporary disability programs to offset loss of income edd.ca.gov/disability
- Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income are available socialsecurity.gov
- Californians can shop for an insurance policy starting at www.coveredca.com
Life Credit Company
Life Credit Company (LCC) offers financial medical support through an innovative program that allows Cancer Center For Healing patients diagnosed with cancer to qualify for a loan against their life insurance policy.
Here’s how it works:
Through LCC’s Living Benefit program, you can receive a cash advance of up to 50 percent of your life insurance policy’s death benefit while still preserving coverage for your family. This program is designed to assist with treatment expenses such as travel, co-pays and out-of-network prescriptions. The funds may also be used to replace lost income and to consolidate debt.
- Keep your policy. Retain part of your life insurance policy for your family’s protection.
- No loan payments. You will never be required to make loan payments of any kind.
- No more premiums. Life Credit will pay all of your life insurance policy’s future premiums.
- Fast Approval. Loans are typically approved in three days from receipt of application.
- No credit checks. You will never be declined due to poor credit or lack of income.
Life Credit Company works with all types of life insurance policies above $75,000 (including group and term). For more information on this program, please contact Life Credit at 888-274-1777 or go to LifeCreditCompany.com
There are a number of lodging options, conveniently located near the treatment center, which can comfortably accommodate patients and their companions. Below are a few popular choices. Call your Integrative Cancer Specialist for more information and to book a room for your stay.
Cancer Center For Healing works with an outside biller who can assit our patients with PPO plans, after the initial consultation, to try and obtain additional coverage.